- About Us
- Tech Services
- Tech Library
- About GEF
Cylinder Society 2014
CONGRATULATIONS to the Cylinder Society class of 2014.
Click here to view the 2014 inductees, all society members, and learn more about the Cylinder Society.
Important NEW EPA Regulations for PRINTING OPERATIONS! click here »
Golden Cylinder Award Winners
CONGRATULATIONS to the winners of the Golden Cylinder Awards for the Publication categories. They were announced at the GPPC Conference November 18 -21.
Our "Best of the Best" honors went to:
Quad/Graphics for Armerican Girl-Wish.
Mike Fink accepts the award on behalf of Quad/Graphics.
Gravure Association of the Americas
Our organization provides a forum for the exchange of specialized information through a network of GAAmericas councils which address unique concerns and encourage the use of gravure.
Gravure is an advanced, high-tech printing process operating the fastest and widest printing presses in the world, and was the first printing process to employ a totally digital environment.
GAAmericas promotes the gravure printing process for publication printing, package printing and product printing.
Become a member of GAAmericas!
Some benefits of membership include:
- Network with other members from around the world - print buyers, suppliers and printers throughout the industry.
- Access to the GAAmericas technical resources & articles.
- Learn More »
Learn about GAAmericas:
Robert "Bob" Strahan (1936-2014)
We regrettably pass along the news that Robert "Bob" Strahan, a true industry stalwart, passed away on November 30, 2014.
Bob had a long and distinguished career in the gravure industry, and gave much time, energy and money in support of the Gravure Association of the Americas and the Gravure Education Foundation. He served for many years on the boards of both organizations.
Bob will be missed, and we extend our heartfelt sympathy to Bob's family.
You can click here to visit Bob's obituary webpage.
10 Good Reasons to Support GAAmericas
1. Represents the interest of the gravure printing process
2. Promotes technological advances
3. Tracks and reports environmental regulations and issues
4. Provides process education and training through our programs, conferences and symposiums
5. Acts as a central repository and disseminator of information related to gravure
6. Provides working technical committees that offer current process information and experience
7. Offers an open forum for professional networking to advance common interests
8. Publishes the most current developments in the gravure industry in GRAVURE magazine and GravurExchange
9. Offers technical support and consulting
10. Supports on-site and off-site training with technical manuals