- About Us
- Tech Services
- Tech Library
- About GEF
Doctor Blade Tutorial :
The following URL is for a Doctor Blade Tutorial that one of Arizona State University's graduate students developed after the Spring 2005 Gravure Technology Course.
Daniel García-Mont was born on September 8, 1977, in Río Piedras, Puerto Rico in the middle of a tropical storm (it was raining so hard that the surgeon had to perform the c-section without the aid of his glasses because he couldn't go out to fetch them).
After graduating from sixth grade, Daniel along with his family moved to Arizona so that his parents could pursue their doctorates at Arizona State University. He finished High School in Arkansas. After graduating from High School, Daniel was accepted to Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas where he pursued a degree in Electronics Engineering Technology. When his family moved back to Puerto Rico he came along with them, finishing his degree at the University of Puerto Rico.
The mission of the Gravure Education Foundation (GEF) is to promote and support educational development in gravure technology by raising and properly distributing money and resources to deserving educational institutions and students. By so doing, the Foundation will motivate and develop individuals with technical proficiency and leadership skills for the print communication industry.
GAAmericas Golden Cylinder Awards
CALL FOR ENTRIES
We are now accepting entries for the 2015 Golden Cylinder Awards. Submission deadline is May 1, 2015.
10 Good Reasons to Support GAAmericas
1. Represents the interest of the gravure printing process
2. Promotes technological advances
3. Tracks and reports environmental regulations and issues
4. Provides process education and training through our programs, conferences and symposiums
5. Acts as a central repository and disseminator of information related to gravure
6. Provides working technical committees that offer current process information and experience
7. Offers an open forum for professional networking to advance common interests
8. Publishes the most current developments in the gravure industry in GRAVURE magazine and GravurExchange
9. Offers technical support and consulting
10. Supports on-site and off-site training with technical manuals